a lion's legacy scholarship
Cocoa Collective Xchange's Scholarship Program, A Lion's Legacy, is offered to graduating high school seniors who will attend and maintain a full-time status at an accredited, Historically Black College and University, starting in the fall of the year and working toward a bachelor’s degree.
* Submit an online application
* Be an African American and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
* Submit a current transcript
* Submit a one-page essay about what positive impact they intend on making in the world.
* Have a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale system
* Submit a completed FAFSA application showing a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by your institution's financial aid office.
* Provide a Verification Form from an individual certifying that you have completed at least 60 or more community service hours.
Note: All fields on the application marked with an asterisk (*) are required. All materials listed above in Application Requirements are required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please allow 2-4 weeks from the closing date of this scholarship program for selection decisions to be rendered. You may contact Kimberly Brisbane with any questions regarding this scholarship.
This is a scholarship program supporting high-achieving high school students with financial hardship seeking a degree from a US. accredited four-year Historically Black College and University. The award can support the student’s educational expenses - including tuition, living expenses, books, and customary fees. The award(s) will vary based on available funding.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is April 1.
Click here to submit an application.